In this field you should enter the imprints on the tablet with spaces between each imprint. If 2 imprints are separated by a score line they are considered as 2 different imprints and should be entered with a space between them, even if these 2 imprints make one word. For example, for Percocet-Demi you should enter "perc ocet de mi". You don't have to enter all the imprints for a particular tablet. Only one imprint may suffice. For instance, in the above example only "perc" or "ocet" will be enough to find the pill. In case of double (or triple) copies of the same imprint, you should enter the unique text just once.
I suggest you to check all similar colors. For example, a red tablet may be described in the official monograph as "brown", "pink", or "rose".
All the variety of tablet shapes are divided in the following categories:
You have a choice of 3 surface types:
- flat - opposite surfaces are flat and parallel to each other. The edges are almost always beveled.
- biconvex - opposite surfaces are convex and are not parallel to each other.
- irregular - all other types of surface, including cases when one side is flat and the other one is not.
This information is sometimes missing in my database, especially for uncoated tablets. So even if you have an uncoated tablet, I suggest you to leave this option unchecked.
You have a choice of several score types:
- single - a simple line crossing the tablet in the middle.
- single interrupted - a simple line crossing the tablet interrupted in the middle. Almost always there's an imprint between each part of the line (for example, Synthroid).
- cross - two lines crossing each other at 90°.
- multiple - several parallel lines crossing the tablet (trazodone 150 mg, alprazolam 2 mg).
All possible logos* are listed in the table:
|Apis (Novo Nordisk)|